Thursday, April 19, 2007

Eating Crowla

Ok, so this is me eating a big fat helping of crow. I am addicting to Viva Pinata. Mr. FPS hack 'n slash shoot first and ask questions later is addicted to a sim. And not just any sim, but one that features furry little pinatas and the gardens that attract them. The obvious answer is that I've misplaced my balls somewhere, but I checked and they're still intact. So, why the warm and fuzzies? It seems that RARE has finally grabbed my ghoulies (pun intended and pathetic at that) this generation, and I can't stop making gardens and romancing pinatas and blah blah blah...trust me, play the game. The con is that it's as immature as it sounds, but the pro is that it's another masterpiece from RARE, one that will have you hooked until you fill every last checkmark in that stupid little journal. I feel like a little kid again and I'm collecting DK coins, and I love every minute of it. Viva Pinata is certainly a nice change of pace, and it all started when I got sick of getting shot in the face in Rainbow Six Vegas on realistic mode. I finally had the guts to pull the shrink wrap off of this rather inexpensive masterpiece after not having even the slightest interest when it first retailed. I've probably gone on way too long as it is, but I owe this to all my friends who I harassed as they collected chocolate coins into the wee hours of the night. I'm eating crow, and it's in print to prove it. Well done, RARE. Now gimme my frickin' next-gen Killer Instinct game before I take this shovel and beat the candy out of you guys.

1 comment:

K. Sullivan said...

Sing it now!

If you like Viva PiƱata
But you feel all ashamed
Your friends don't understand you
Because you like a kid's game

If you play co-op games at midnight
When nobody can see
I've got room on my friends list
Send an invite to me...

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/04/06/543743.aspx

Heh, if we're not careful we'll end up playing Pokeyman next. :p